“this website”, “us”, “we” mean www.subaru.co.za and Subaru Southern Africa/Subaru SA with Business Registration Number: 1977/001221/07; Business Address: Corner Ayrshire Avenue & Hereford Street, Longmeadow Business Park, Edenvale, 1609.“user” means any person accessing any part of the website.
“Applicable Laws” means local, foreign and international laws, regulations, treaties and codes. These include the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
“Subaru Affiliate” or “Subaru Partner” means a particular entity within Subaru Southern Africa.
“Client” / “you” / “user” means any prospective, new or existing Subaru Southern Africa customer.
Subaru Southern Africa takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously. We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Statement and Applicable Laws.
This Statement sets out how your personal information will be used by Subaru Southern Africa relating to personal information granted to Subaru Southern Africa.
Please do read this statement before submitting any personal information to us.
By submitting any personal information to us, you give consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this statement. The provisions of this Statement are subject to mandatory, unalterable provisions of the Applicable Laws.
Please do not submit any personal information to Subaru Southern Africa if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Statement. Please bear in mind that if you do not consent to the provisions of this Statement, or parts of the Statement, we may not be able to provide our products and services to you.
Important things to note:
- We may amend this statement from time to time for any number of reasons. These are listed below:
- to allow for any new business services or systems that we may introduce.
- to reflect any changes to the Applicable Laws;
- to further clarify the statement or correct any omissions.
- for any other reasons that we may deem necessary.
Therefore, we urge you to check this page from time to time to ensure you’re comfortable with our policies surrounding your privacy and information.
Privacy and Security
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times. We do however advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, email, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Social Media Plugins
We use social media channels and/or plugins of social media networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter for extended marketing and customer engagement.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ and therefore we cannot be held liable for any way in which these networks process your data. For information on how the social networks process and manage your data, please refer to the data protection policies of the specific social network(s).
Third party websites
The Subaru.co.za website may contain links to external websites/applications outside of the Subaru Southern Africa business. Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for the content, privacy or security of these websites/applications.
The Personal Information we may collect from you:
- Name; address; date of birth; ID number/passport number; contact details; bank details; details about your employment; tax number and financial information.
- Details of any transactions / sales contracts you do with us.
- Your credit history and records.
How we may receive information about you:
- When you apply for one of our products or services through direct contact, either via our website, via our Sales or Service staff, by email, telephone or via social media.
- From our network of authorised Subaru dealerships.
- From our other trusted business partners who provide some products and services to us.
- From third parties such as credit bureaus or financial institutions when you apply for financial services with us.
Keeping your information safe:
Subaru SA maintains strict security measures to ensure that we keep your data safe. These measures include how we share, maintain and store this data.
We continuously monitor these measures to ensure we protect your data from any unauthorised access as well as from any accidental loss or destruction. We urge you to also take the appropriate steps to keep your information safe by ensuring your login details, passwords for accounts etc, are not shared with others.
Subaru SA will only retain your information for as long as it is required to offer you the services or products we offer to you, and/or as long as the applicable laws of the country allow.
Your data will be stored within the Republic of South Africa and as such, it is protected under the Applicable Laws of the Republic of South Africa.
It is important to disclose your rights surrounding information that you have provided to us. You have the right to:
- update and correct any out-of-date / incorrect information we have about you;
- destroy or delete a record of information of you
- update your communication preferences and / or unsubscribe from specified / all communications we may send you.
Please note that before we provide you with access to your information, we will require proof of identity. The action you have requested may take up to 14 (fourteen) business days to respond by effected.
If you require Subaru SA to delete all of your information, this may affect any contracts that are in place between us and you. We may also refuse to delete some of your information if we are required by law to retain it.
Will you share my information?
Subaru SA may share your personal information with third parties or Subaru SA partners as long as it is a requirement to do so in order to fulfil the service or product we are offering to you. These include:
- Subaru SA entities such as our retailers / agents and sub-contractors,
- Third parties who process personal information on our behalf and Subaru SA’s parent company.
- Our business partners, including those who provide products and services to us.
- Any person who has agreed or is considering being a guarantor or to provide security for your debt as part of a financial application where such information and security is requested or required.
- A prospective buyer or seller of our business, assets or debt.
- Any person if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any Applicable Laws.
- Other lenders or banks, collection agencies, lawyers, accountants, auditors, regulators and law enforcement agencies, to the extent necessary to protect Subaru SA’s rights.
You have every right to request that we do not share this information with third parties, but this may hinder or exclude us from being able to offer you any products or services.
What will you use my information for?
Subaru Southern Africa may use your personal information for a variety of business purposes including: Legal or contractual purposes; marketing and data analytics; financial application and credit application purposes; operational services and customer care.
Subaru SA and some of the third parties listed above may contact you to inform you about our business services, products and offers. These may be via by direct post, telephone, e-mail, SMS or other electronic means. You have every right to opt-out of these communications at any time where you have previously opted in. We will only send you communications if we are entitled to do so under Applicable Laws.
You can contact Subaru Southern Africa here, or you can call us on 011 608 0116.